On 27 Oct 2004, at 23:15, Nathan Schroeder wrote:

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I've been banging my head on it for two solid days and nights, trying various configurations, everything I can think of. I wasted a lot of time debugging Mason - but it seems something in the AxKit startup code is breaking file descriptors? Is that even possible? Are there any other library versions I need to be checking?

Thanks in advance for any input on this. I'm totally stumped.

Me too :-(

Is there any chance it's a perl version issue? Do you have 5.8.0 and LANG set to something like en_GB.UTF8? That's just a guess.

Could your disk be full?

I'm not really sure what could be happening - nobody else has seen this before AFAIK.