On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 15:51, Randall Marbach wrote:

> I am new to linux and AxKit but I want to set up a
> simple linux based Axkit server for learning purposes.
> I would like to choose a linux distribution that has a
> tried and true track record with perl, apache, modperl
> and AxKit. What which linux distro would satisfy my
> requirement? Would I have to install perl from source?

I use several versions of RedHat: servers, workstations and desktop.
Unfortunelly (did I spell it rigth?) RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 and all
Fedora series use Apache 2.0, so you can not run AxKit with them, yet.
Perhaps never. You can use an older version (RH73, RH9), but it is not
wise. It will be usefull to use the same distribution of your nearest
guru.

--
'Aztec Eagle' Turbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Centro de Investigación en Energía