On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Lars Skjærlund wrote:

<apply-templates select="document('menu.xml')/*" />,
this will start off at the root.

Right you are - that did the trick. I'm not sure I quite understand why
(yet), but that will come, I hope.

You're selecting into the new document. So then you can write templates that catch whatever elements are in the new document.

One problem you will typically have is that you want a different set of templates to match on the secondary document (menu.xml or whatever). What I usually do is either use a different namespace for the second file ... or, I use template modes:

<apply-templates mode="FOO" select="document('menu.xml')/some/path"/>

--simon

--
http://simonwoodside.com