_http://www.study-portuguese-abroad.com/trip-details.html_
(http://www.study-portuguese-abroad.com/trip-details.html)

-Trevor

In a message dated 9/18/2008 1:30:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Where in  the Azores do these Immersion classes take place?

Nancy Jean  Baptiste

____________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:58:30  -0400
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Looking for a Portuguese  Teacher
To: Azores@googlegroups.com

Maria Oliveira also has Immersion Classes that take place for 3 weeks in
Acores.

-Trevor Costa

In a message dated 9/18/2008 12:09:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Nicole -

My Grandmother purchased Maria Oliveira's book  and tapes (back then that's
all they had).  It was very  helpful.  Now, she offers online courses and
CD's.

>From  personal experience, I had been practicing with the tapes before our
trip then everything came in the place once I arrive in the azores in
regards to speaking the language. Since the only place for me to  personally
hear people speak Portuguese was our local festa.   Everyone else in our
prior generations who spoke the language fluently  have passed on.

Good luck, Robin Borba  Besotes

http://www.learn-to-speak-portuguese.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

 Psssst...Have you heard the news? _There's a new fashion blog, plus the
latest fall trends and  hair styles at  StyleList.com_
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014) .