For me, weather would be the biggest factor.

Google azores weather and read some of the info.  The temperatures are
almost the same in Apr (63 F) vs May (66 F) for the highs.  The lows were 54
F and 55 F for May.  Not much difference.  But if you play around on some of
the weather sites, you can read their almanacs and get more info.

Cheri