Hi "E",

I found a record on Ancestry for Manuel de Mello arriving in Boston on SS Vega
3/12/92, age 21.  No way of knowing if this is him because there is no village,
only Sao Miguel, and no parents or friends listed.  Says destination is New
Bedford.  There isn't much for him on Ancestry, only a lot of census, but a lot
with the same name.

I found a birth record for George Duarte in NB for June 12, 1905, and Marie
Duarte born in Fairhaven Mar 2, 1910. These are from NEGHS.  Both list Manuel
Duarte and Francisca Victoria as parents.

Ginny was correct, I picked up the recording date for their marriage instead of
the actual date of Feb. 3, 1894.  Sorry about that.  Good thing I'm not the
only one looking.

Keep the faith.  I've been looking for 2 years for my grandparents immigration
records.  Some day I'll get lucky.

Judi