Hi Linda,

To be perfectly honest, I haven't a clue if we have a connection
through our Furtado family.  I've just begun this part of my family
history research and only know my g grandparents name.

I know even less about my grandfather, Manuel R. Sousa/Souza
He was from Terceira, Azores, was nine years older then my grandmother
(according to the US Census Records) and he had a brother, Franklin
"Frank"  I understood there was a family farm that my grandfather
inherited from his father and the farm was passed to Franklin was my
grandfather passed. When Franklin passed on he returned the ownership
of the farm to his two female cousins, who still leave there.

Lexi