Hello Group,

After attending the "Tracing Your Portuguese Roots Genealogy Workshop"
last weekend, I decided not to waste another minute interviewing my
relatives who are still among us.  I called my father's cousin today,
she's 88 and told more about my grandmother, Bernadina Furtado that I
ever knew before now.  I never knew my grandmother, but she lived on
today with Joanne's memories.  Must admit, I had a tear in my eye and
a smile on my face, at the same time.  lol

Joanne told me that my father, was very strict.  I replied back " no
kidding" remember he was my father and I know all about his rule of
thumb. I'm looking forward to meeting up with Joanne & her brother,
Manuel in the next few weeks and I'm bringing my tape recorder.

Lexi