From: morinmi <morinmi1...@gmail.com>
To: Azores Genealogy <Azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 4:06:19 PM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Why our Portuguese ancestors moved so often & used

Hello group,

I hope someone has the answer to these questions. Maybe someone in
their family explained why.

I've been having a rough time tracing my family. Slowly but surely I
am finding new information. and can credit that success to being able
to cross reference information found at the UMass Dartmouth Paper. One
of my biggest problems has been the frequency in which they moved and
changed their names. I don't know if others have experienced that or
not or maybe it was just most of my family on the run. LOL  A recent
example is a relative named Arsenio Pamplona Corte Real Camara. I've
found him using the names Harrison Cambra, Harrison Camara, the above
name, Arsenio Camara/Cambra and Frank Perry/Pereira. Absolutely
unbelievable!!! You'd think they were living in this day & age and
were afraid of identify theft.

Curiosity is my main reason for the questions but am I to expect this
with most of my Portuguese ancestors? I've definitely found it to be
the case with the moving part but the name changes too???

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Michelle