From: Azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Terri
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:51 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Andrade/de Couto - Ribeiro/Pacheco

I would love for this to be a connection!  The names i have are a bit
different than what you say
but i was writing things down from what my aunts and uncles could
remember.  My great great grandfather
was Manuel Sousa Couto who was married to Ana do Jesus Couto (i don't
know how they would have the same last names..) One of their daughters
would have been Maria de Conceicao de Couto (my great grandmother).
The only other info i have of hers is that she was born around the
1880's and she had sisters...Maria de Luz....Francisca...Antonia de
Jesus...and  Bernaldina...

On Jun 11, 3:15 pm, "Linda Norton" <patli...@verizon.net> wrote:
> My mother's paternal side was de Andrade de Almeida Rodriques and I know
> that my mother always said that her mother was de Andrade. Assuming like
> most women over there they carried their mother's or grandmother's
mother's
> name and not their fathers.
>
> My ggrandfather who I found was a Rodrigues but always thought de Andrade
> came from Sao Roque, Sao Miguel. They must have moved because his daughter
> my grandmother has listed on a certificate that she was from Arrifes, Sao
> Miguel. I don't know where they could have originated from.
>
> On the other end, my aunt, my father's brother's wife is Natalia de Couto
> Pacheco Furtado. She came here from Vila Franca, Sao Miguel. She told me
her

> mother de Couto was already in MA, but moved back to Vila Franca when she
> was young and married a Pacheco. They both then moved to Cambridge, MA
> around 1950.
>
> She said that Manuel de Couto her grandfather was married to Anna Cabral.
>
> Manuel de Couto had a sister Maria Merces, Maria do Carmo and Ernestina
> ereira. I'll find out if there is a Maria Conceicao.
>
> Her Manuel Pacheco was married to Maria de Rosario Ribeiro, brother
Antonio
> ibeiro, Gloria Ribeiro and Anna Ribeiro.
>
> So there could be a connection there.
> Linda (Borges) Furtado Norton

Of