I too, was born on Oahu...Ewa to be exact..and had all my family on the island 
of Maui. My father was a paniolo and he was a foreman at the Grove Ranch in 
Makawao, Maui in the twentys.My father's name was Joseph Bishop Souza and his 
father and grandfather all named alike.  Any connection?. I know my grandfather 
came from the Azores (My dad was born in Kailua, Maui on 1901) 

--- On Tue, 7/21/09, KathsOhana <[email protected]> wrote:


From: KathsOhana <[email protected]>
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Joao deSouza Pregana
To: "Azores Genealogy" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009, 2:36 AM



Hi Shirley,
I use to live in Hawaii but not anymore. My family is all from Hawaii.
I was born there and still call Hawaii home. I came from the Island of
Oahu. I have family also on Maui. I never got the death certificate
for Joao de Souza Pregana. I will ask one of my Uncle's if they have
it or maybe I just have to order one. I would love to get more
information on them. My cousin told me that the Pregana name is not a
common name same as Pragana and maybe that is why I am having a hard
time finding information.  Well, I will let you know if I get any
further.. Mahalo, Kathy

On Jul 11, 9:13 am, "Shirley Allegre" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Kathy:  I found the info in IMMIGRATION FROM AZORES TO HAWAII 1879-1883.
> The Author is Bob de Mello.
> I see that you sign your messages MAHALO.  Does this mean that you live in
> Hawaii?
> Both of my grandmothers were born in Hawaii.  Maternal was born in Pepeekeo.
> Paternal, I don't know.  Her marriage
> info says she was a native of HONOLULU, T. H.   My cousin told me that her
> mother told her that grandma was born on
> Maui.  I am stuck as to where my grandmother was born in Hawaii.  I have all
> of her children, and her death info.  I used
> to live about 2 blocks from grandma.
> Have you gotten a copy of Joao de Souza Pregana's death certificate?  It
> might list his parents names.
>
> Shirley
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "KathsOhana" <[email protected]>
> To: "Azores Genealogy" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 7:46 PM
> Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Joao deSouza Pregana
>
> You found this information on Ancestry? I do have an account there and
> I have only 9 photos on my family tree. I try so hard looking for
> history on my family that many times I am up until 5am or maybe later.
> Crazy. huh?
>
> So when you did the search you just typed in there names and did the
> search and it came up? If so I been doing that on Ancestry for a long
> time now. I have mentioned many times that the Pregana is so hard to
> find.
>
> I would like to Thank You for your information and hope I will be able
> to find more information. I am also making a web site on my family and
> once done I will post it so maybe others might have a connection.
>
> Well, I am back to searching and Thanks to all of those who helped
> me.. Mahalo Kathy
>
> On Jul 10, 3:40 pm, "Shirley Allegre" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi Kathy: The time period for the ship SUFFOLK was 22 Apr 1881 - 6 June
> > 1881. I gave you the wrong ETA the first email.
>
> > There are 5 PRAGANAs listed. All from different parts of Sao Miguel.
>
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "KathsOhana" <[email protected]>
> > To: "Azores Genealogy" <[email protected]>
> > Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 2:12 AM
> > Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Joao deSouza Pregana
>
> > I need some help. I have been looking for information on Joao
> > deSouza Pregana born Jun 1850 in Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal and
> > he passed away in 1901 Honolulu, Hawaii.
>
> > What I need to find is his parents. I been searching and have had no
> > luck. I hope I can get some help here.
>
> > I know the Pregana's are very hard to find because all of them dropped
> > the Pregana name when they came to the US and carried the Souza as
> > there last name. The only person who kept the Pregana name is my great
> > grandfather Manuel Souza Pregana.
>
> > Any information would be of help.. Thank You, Kathy- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -




      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to