Jesse,

You FHC may not have all these films on hand.  You may need to order them.
They will help you with the ordering process.

I'd pick one marriage roll and maybe one baptism roll to start.  If you
think the marriage is the late 1870s - early 1880s, I'd order that marriage
film.  I'd subtract 25 years from the approx. marriage for a ball park
figure for the baptism of the bride and groom (unless you have other data).

Most rolls are broken up into Items.  The workers at the FHC know what this
is.  If you need marriages off of film 1438005 for about 1862, they will
help you find Item 3.  There will be a title there that says Item 3.  There
will be several books (most likely) in each item.  You will have to scroll
to the 1862 book (or it may be in a book that runs from 18xx-18yy that
covers 1862).  It may not be clearly labeled either.  So you may have to
stop and read the document look for the words "one thousand eight hundred
and sixty two" written in Portuguese.  If you don't know these words in
Portuguese, you can get the word list from FamilySearch.org here:
http://tinyurl.com/b2q9zx

You can also see a line by line translation from Portuguese to English on
the Azores Genweb here:
http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/HowTo_Part_3a.html#reading

You can transcribe them by hand if you like.  Some FHC have microfilm
printers and some even have scanners.  At some FHCs, you can bring your USB
drive (thumb/flash/travel drive) and save it there.  I think most FHCs allow
you to bring a camera, but I think you will need a mount.

The condition of the records will vary by time location and freguesia too.
As well as the priest/scribe.  Some will have beautiful handwriting and some
will be absolutely horrible.  Some of the records will be in good condtion
and some won't.  They filmed what they could.

Achada