Hi Mary,

  Sorry for the slow response but I kept thinking I could go back through all
of the photos and look for additional ones.....the one of the baby has a
photographer's studio logo that says "Palo Alto"....unfortunately, only a few
of the pictures have names. The ones that are named are of a couple of the
Perry girls and one of a man named 'Gert Alves" who married into the
family.....others married an Azevedo,a Medeiros, a Lemos and I'm not sure at
the moment of others names. I will look this weekend for others from Palo Alto.

The one name for Joseph in born 1845 Portugal is the right year for one of
Antonio and Isabels children....although his name was JOAM.....what is
that....not Jose or Joao?

My mother said her grandfather, Joseph Perry, went to Ca. for  gold and had a
stick pin made with the nugget he found. So often they went with other
relatives.

At this point after finding the Palo Alto picture I'm sure some part of this
family went to Ca. and a whole new avenue of searching is opened up! Perry/
Pereira is such a common name!

Regards,

Nancy Jean