Hi!
I just found out that Maria Rocha's father was Manoel Rocha. If Maria were born in the 1840s, would he be born in the 1810s or 1820s?
- Shirl -

Arlene Marcoux wrote:
Hi Shirl,

This book, "Familias da Ilha das Flores", only covers Vila das Lajes, fregusias da Fazenda and do Lajedo (1757-1888) Portuguese alphabetize names by their First name first and not by their last name. This book only shows the males names. Looking up their names will tell you what sections they are in and then it will give the names of their ancestors and/or descendants to 1888. So giving a last name only or a woman's name, is impossible to find.
I have not seen the name Benarus.
Because a lot of names are alike, it helps to give dates if possible and/or some other members of the family. There is not a section for Rocha, but that name could appear in another named section.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Arlene M