I have two questions.

1st.  Could someone else take a look and tell me if they can find the
baptism records for 1872 in Agua do Pau.   I was looking for my wife’s great
grandfather’s baptism on the CCA site.  It should be Joao Vieira Cabeca
parents are Joao Vieira  Cabeca and Cerubina de Sousa de Jesus.  I noticed
that the year 1872 only had 8 pages with all the other years having a lot
more.  Then I noticed that those 8 pages are the same baptisms for 1873.  I
can’t read Portuguese so I am not sure what I am actually looking at for the
year.  I had previously found him for 1872 while searching the records at
the FHC in Dartmouth, so I know they have them somewhere.  It just looks to
me that they didn’t scan them correctly for the CCA site.

2nd. When I found Joao Vieira Cabeca’s baptism, the last name (Cabeca) he
had used in the US was not even listed on it.  I know this is common with
many of the immigrants.  Should I assume I have the correct person?   Every
thing else matched up with the names. His marriage at St. Johns in New
Bedford listed his parents as Joao Vieira Cabeca and Cerubina de Sousa de
Jesus.  The record I found has Joao Vieira and Cerubina de Jesus.  Paternal
Grandparents are Antonio Vieira & Anna Candida, Maternal Grandparents are
Jose de Sousa & Joaquina Candida.

Thanks for you help,

Steven

  _____