Harvey and Henrietta,

If you want to take your research farther , list what you have already, then
I'll take a look at my files to see what I have on these families. Have
either of you used the CCA website

http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/ig/

It's the Centro de Conhecimento dos Acores, run by the Azores government.
All of the available Flores parish records are viewable online. It is not
searchable, and it's in Portuguese,

but with a little practice, it's fairly easy to navigate. The records are
photographs of the actual parish record books, some back to the late 1600s.

Have either of you been in contact with relatives still in Flores?

Eric Edgar