I want to thank you Michelle for your efforts.." May the wind always be at your
back"...THANKS
Jerry Mendonça

________________________________
From: Michelle <mori...@cts.com>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, July 21, 2010 9:14:13 PM
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Help on Ventura line...

Hello Jerry,

This is what I found at UMass Dartmouth & NEHGS  (New England Historic
Genealogical Society).

MARIA ERNESTINA M. VENTURA - dated  January 30, 1963
Com a provecta idade de 85 anos, faleceu hoje de manhã na sua residência, em 49
Rochambeau Street, após prolongada  doença, a sra. Maria Ernestina Matos
Ventura, viúva de Manuel Aguiar Ventura e que residia em New Bedford havia 56
anos.
A falecida era natural de Ponta Garça, ilha de S. Miguel, sendo paroquiana da
Imaculada Conceição. Era mãe das Mrs. Mary Chaves, Mrs. Phoebe  Chaplin, Mrs.
Irene Oliveira, Mrs. Alice Rego,  Miss Evelyn Ventura, todas de New Bedford,
e da Mrs. Georgiana Mendonça, de Long Island, N.Y.; e dos srs. David, Joseph,
John, Merlin, todos de New Bedford, Antone, de West Bridgewater, e Adelino
Ventura, de Concord, North Carolina; e irmã do sr. Manuel Matos, de New
Bedford.

O funeral, a cargo da Boulevard Funeral Home, 223 Ashley Blvd, realiza-se no
sábado, ás 8 horas da manhã, daquela agencia para a igreja de  Nossa Senhora da
Imaculada Conceição, onde ás 9  será celebrada missa de corpo presente, e dali
para o cemitério de São João.
Sao convidados a comparecer os parentes e  amigos da familia. Horas de  visita:
das 2 ás 4, e das 7 ás 10.
Translated using Yahoo  Babel:
With  provecta age of 85 years, faleceu today of morning in its residence, in
49
Rochambeau Street, after drawn out illness, Mrs. Maria Ernestina Matos Ventura,

widower of Manuel Aguiar Ventura and that she inhabited in New Bedford had 56
years. The dead was natural of Ponta Garca, island of S. Miguel, being
paroquiana of the Immaculate Conceição. She was mother of the Mrs. Mary Chaves,

Mrs. Phoebe Chaplin, Mrs. Irene Oliveira, Mrs. Alice Rego, Miss Evelyn Ventura,

all of New Bedford, and Mrs. Georgiana Mendonça of Long Island, N.Y. ; her
son's. David, Joseph, John, Merlin, all of New Bedford, Antone, of West
Bridgewater, and Adelino Ventura, of Concord, North Carolina; a brother  Manuel
Matos, of New Bedford.

The  funeral, in charge of the Boulevard Home Funeral, 223 Ashley Blvd, is
become  fullfilled in Saturday, ace 8 hours of the morning, that agency for the
church  of Ours Lady of the Immaculate Conceição, where ace 9 will be
celebrated
mass of  present body, and from there for the cemetary of St. John's. They are
guests to  appear the relatives and friends of the family. Hours of visit: of
the 2 ace 4,  and the 7 ace 10.

Her  abt 1878.
They must have gone back to Portugal because Joseph & John  were born there
according to Familysearch.org. I can't find a marriage record  for them either
at NEHGS so they may have been married in Portugal as  well.
Joseph A. Ventura abt 1903 in Portugal.
John V. Ventura abt 1905 in Portugal.
Maria was born 1906 in New Bedford. Vol: 558 ; Page: 327 but I can't pull up
the
record. Will continue to try. Maria married Noah Chaves  on June 27, 1930.
Obit: CHARVES, Mary C  (VENTURA); 92; New Bedford MA; Standard-Times; 1998-6-6
Merlin Ventura (aka/Marion) was born 9/14/1909 in New Bedford. Merlin had
surgery according  to an article at UMass Dart (3/3/1949). As you can see he
was
living at 62  Hathaway Street, New Bedford at the time.
Encontra-se internada no hospital de  Newport, R. I., a sra. Merlin Ventura,
residente em 62 Hathaway St.. onde foi  entem submeíida a uma intervenção
cirúrgica.
Philomena (aka Phoebe)  was born 7/17/1911 in New Bedford. Parents shown as
Manuel & Maria (de  Monteiro) both from Sao Miguel.
Georgiana (which  must be your mother) was born 10/17/1913 in New Bedford. Both
parents born  in Sao Miguel.MENDONCA -- In this city, Apr. 13, 1996, Georgiana
(Ventura)  Mendonca, 82, of No. Dartmouth. Widow of Jeremias F. Mendonca.
Relatives and friends are invited to her Burial Service and Holy Communion will

be celebrated at Grace Episcopal Church on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. followed by
Interment at St. John Cemetery. Calling hours on Tuesday 2-4 & 7-9 at ROCK
FUNERAL HOME, 1285 Ashley Blvd.

Irene (aka Urana d'Aguira  Ventura) was born 1/28/1915 in New Bedford. Parents
shown as Manuel d'A  & Maria E. Mattos both born in Sao Miguel. She married
Manuel E. Oliveira  and was living at 1053 Marion Street in New Bedford when
they had a daughter  named Linda Lou on 4/1/1946. Found her husband's
obit...below. Didn't find an  obit for her...maybe still alive?
Manuel E. Oliveira

MATTAPOISETT -- Manuel E.  Oliveira, 86, of New Bedford, died Tuesday, June 8,
1999, at his daughter's home  after a brief illness. He was the husband of
Irene
(Ventura) Oliveira and son of  the late Joseph and Mary (Martin) Oliveira.
He was a lifelong New  Bedford resident and communicant of St. Mary Church, New
Bedford.
Mr.  Oliveira was employed as a supervisor at Aerovox in the receiving and
shipping  department for 30 years until retiring.
Mr. and Mrs. Oliveira had been  married 63 years.
In his leisure time, he enjoyed watching baseball  and being with his family
and
grandchildren.
Survivors include his  widow; two daughters, Judith L. Mendoza of New Bedford
and Linda L. Gurney of  Mattapoisett; two brothers, Alfred E. Oliveira of
Oakland, Calif., and Ernest  Oliver of Fairhaven; four sisters, Evelyn Souza
and
Lillian Coelho, both of New  Bedford, Elsie Souza of Half Moon Bay, Calif., and
Helen Mello of Acushnet; six  grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and
several nieces and nephews.

He  was the brother of the late Joseph Oliveira, Antone Oliveira and Mary
Cardoza.
His funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Friday at St.  Mary Church.
Arrangements are by the Rock Funeral Home, 1285 Ashley  Blvd., New Bedford.
David Ventura may have  been born after 1915 because I can't find his birth
record at NEHGS. He  did get married to an Eva Hopkins though according to
UMass
Dart  and they had a girl on 4/21/1946. David & Eva may have gotten divorced
because I found an Eva Ventura with Edward Swiatkowski in 1957. Just not sure
yet because I couldn't find anything else on David.
Alice Ventura abt 1916  married John Rego, Jr. (age 25) of 265 South Front St.,
New Bedford around  11/28/1939. Alice (age 23) was living at 49 Richmond
Street.
They had a daughter  2/2/1941 named Arline Cynthia. They were living at 265
South Front Street at the  time. Found both articles at UMass Dart. Her
husband,
John, left for  service in the Navy on 4/28/1944...Recrutamento No. 109. They
were still living  at 265 South Front St.
Alice Rego
FAIRHAVEN -- Alice (Ventura) Rego, 83, of Dartmouth, died Sunday,  April 25,
1999, after a brief illness. She was the widow of John Rego Jr. and  daughter
of
the late Manuel and Mary (Mattos) Ventura.

She died at Alden Court Nursing Home.
She was born in  New Bedford, where she lived most of her life before moving to
Dartmouth 20  years ago. She was employed by Cherry & Webb as a salesperson
until she  retired.
In her leisure time, Mrs. Rego enjoyed doing needlepoint and  was a great
letter-writer.
Survivors include her daughter and  son-in-law, Arlene and Alvaro DePaco of
Acushnet; a sister, Irene Oliveira of  New Bedford; a brother, Merlin Ventura
of
New Bedford; and several nieces and  nephews.
She was the sister of the late Adelino Ventura, Joseph  Ventura, Antone
Ventura,
John Ventura, Manuel Ventura, Mary Charves, Phoebe  Chaplin, Georgianna
Mendonca
and Evelyn Ventura.
Her funeral Mass will  be at 11 a.m. tomorrow at St. Mary's Church, New
Bedford.
Arrangements  are by the Rock Funeral Home, 1285 Ashley Blvd., New Bedford.
Adelino Ventura was born  6/25/1919 in New Bedford, MA. He passed away on
12/1/1990 in Concord, Cabarrus,  North Carolina. Burial was in Kannapolis,
North
Carolina. His wife's name was  Laura Frances Tadlock. Laura passed away at the
age of 83 (2/21/2005) in  North Carolina.Ventura, Laura        Tadlock -
CONCORD
-- Mrs. Laura Tadlock Ventura, 83, died        Monday, February 21, 2005.
Funeral is 2PM, Thursday at Wilkinson Funeral        Home. Visitation is
5PM-7PM
at the ...

Published in the Charlotte Observer on 2/23/2005
  "To view the full text of this  obituary along with a photograph (if
available) and Guest Book (if available),  please complete the form below. Your
credit card will be charged $2.95 and the  obituary will be available to you
for
one day." This was found at  Legacy.com

NASCIMENTOS - dated June 27,  1919—Junho 25, fim filho de Manuel Ventura. 49
Rochambeau St. Child's name not mentioned but  obviously from what I found
above
it was Adelino's birth notice.
Evelyn  Ventura...uncertain of birth year. Found an article with an Evelyn
Ventura & Manuel Barcelos living at 159 Angus St., Somerset, MA giving  birth
a female in July of 1965...Just not sure if it's the same  Evelyn.
Hope some of this is new information for  you.
Best of luck in your search.
Regards,
Michelle