I may have made a mistake when I tried to send an email to the list. I
believe some emailed me privately and maybe I sent a list response to
those who sent email private? I apologize if that is so.

Someone mentioned the "Archives" what is that, where is it located and
what is there? Can I read about it somewhere online?

I will bring the information I already have about my family. Should I
go to the Catholic Church to get Baptised records? What about records
when someone died?

I would like to go to the cemetery and read headstones. Are there lots
of cemeteries on Terceira?

I guess the big city on Terceira is Angra. Are there other cities that
large? How long does it take to drive around Terceira? I have a map
that someone gave me that has homes of some of my relatives from years
ago, but no addresses. Could I find them with a map? Would the homes
still be there? I read that there have been natural disasters but I am
not sure how to find out what was lost in those. Were records lost?
Would houses be gone?

This shows my ignorance, but there may be five people traveling, If we
rent a car are the cars real small? One of our relatives said that
they are.

Wow, it sounds as though there are lots of people who know a lot about
genealogy and I am feeling intimidated.

Delores