To all,

I have gone to the Alameda County Recorder's Office many times and
know that the only thing you can search the microfilm for is the
Marriage Record Index for Alameda County. Once you find the index
record for what you are looking for, you fill out a vital record
request form with the people's info and add the book and page number
from the index. They will look it up and make a copy for you for a
fee. Usually you have to give your request and come back another day
or have them mail it to you. However, if things are slow at the
Recorder's office, they will sometimes find the record and make they
copy while you wait for 15 or 20 minutes. I have had to talk to one of
the supervisors on several occasions about being able to look at the
marriage record index, because several of the workers say they no
longer let you, however the the marriage index is one which you still
should be able to view..so be persistent yet courteous.