From: AC <csho...@optonline.net>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, January 13, 2011 10:24:19 PM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Cape Verde vs. Azores

I've found a few documents re: my mother's family and although the 1920
census says St. Michael, Portugal, my grandmother's death certificate says
her parents were from the "Cape Verde Islands"... yes I know information is
often suspect, I've seen incorrect information on legal documents many
times, the respondent us usually doing the best they can.

I was just wondering how often the two are interchanged... Is it a situation
where Cape Verdeans may have gone to the Azores THEN on to other places?
This is very common in the Carribean... someone might be born in Guyana but
lived in and emigrated to the US from Trinidad or Tobago or Barbados

I haven't had a chance to look for the naturalizations yet, I'm hopeful
they'll yield better info.

Alexis

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right
that