My great grandparents (grandfather's parents) Victorino (B:Nov 17, 1883, d Jan.
1951) and Mary Gomes traveled through "the horn" to Honolulu, HI in 1906.

My Great-great grandparents Manuel and Mary Rodrigues traveled through "the
horn" between 1887 and 1889.

I have not researched the ship records for when the Cabral side of the family
made the same trip, however both of my great grandmother from the Cabral and my
great grandfather from th Rodrigues side (mentioned in the previous pargraph)
were born in Hawaii.

I wonder if there are relatives in the tree that immigrated to the East Coast
instead of Hawaii.  But that is for another thread.

Eric Gomes
Castro Valley, CA