From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
nancy jean baptiste
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 11:43 AM
To: azores group
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Death Records

I think loosing many children in a family was common until not that long ago!
I'm the oldest of 6 living children but my Mom had 13 pregnancies.....she also
had type A- blood and my Dad was A+ and that was the reason she lost so
many.....when I had my first child in 1967 they had just introduced the Rogam
serum to eliminate the problem due to the RH factor. I would speculate that
many of our ancestors had similar conditions. I have seen also on a website
that lists "disasters in the azore islands" that a plague hit more than once.
Nancy Jean