I know this is not exactly about genealogy, but I wanted to share two
new sites with you that I think you will all find interesting.

First, officially launched today is the Portuguese American Journal
at: http://portuguese-american-journal.com/ From the site: The
Portuguese-American Journal  (PAJ) is an online  interactive
publication dedicated to the Portuguese-American heritage with the
purpose of informing and offering an insight into the Portuguese-
American experience. New material is added to the PAJ daily.

Second, a social network for people interested in all things
Portuguese: http://portuguesesocial.ning.com/

>From the mission statement: We are the Portuguese individuals,
organizations, and groups of the world dedicated to modernizing,
transforming, and creating environments which foster cultural
enjoyment and economic innovation. By joining this network we fortify
our civil rights and express our support of initiatives which
stimulate a broad expression of individual and collective creativity.

Being part of this network has a lot of fun and powerful things to do
including but not limited to:

- Make friends, reconnect with long lost family, share full resolution
photos, community focus tests, collaborate on business, lobby congress
or local leaders
- Social networking with more features to share your story then
Facebook
- Create full HTML page content with click and drag content blocks and
WYSIWYG editing tools.