Lori,

I'm not Katherine and I'm not sure how closely she's following this thread.

Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) has their Family Finder (autosomal DNA) test.  This
test is one way to get the percent testing for the ethnicity.  It is under
beta testing and states so.  They have been able to sample only a few
populations from each continent, so it's no where near comprehensive yet.
Here are the reference populations that they are currently comparing the DNA
against.  Note:  They haven't sampled the Portuguese population yet.
http://goo.gl/8fXp2

Here is the whole list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the
Population Finder (the ethnicity portion of the Family Finder test):
http://goo.gl/7yFl0

To be clear, this test will NOT tell you where the Jewish connection is.  It
will only tell you that it appears that there was some Middle Eastern in
there.  I'd have to check to see how many generations ago.  If your Jewish
ancestor was 10 generations ago and you have that on paper, it very well may
NOT show up in this DNA test, as too much time has passed and the DNA became
too diluted with each generation.

Because this is an autosomal DNA test (a mixture of your 22 pairs of your
autosomal chromosomes (your 23rd pair is the sex chromosomes - making you
male or female), either men or women can take this type of DNA test.

Now, if you KNOW that a certain ancestor was Jewish and you found the son of
the son of the son of that male descendant, you could have his Y chromosome
tested via one of the Y DNA tests.  That's looking at the sex chromosome
only which does NOT recombine (or shuffle).  So you would know exactly where
that DNA is coming from.

Cheri Mello
Family Tree DNA Admin
Azores DNA