iDiana.

Ancestry.com has a Family Tree with this family. You can find it as
Lavely/Hillman/Hiltz/Soares Family Tree
It doesn't show the place in the Azores they come from, but is shows he is
Jose Machado Soares 24 July 1833-12 May 1905 and she is Joaquina Maria
Laurencia 1842-1922.. They have photos of them.
ERic Edgar