Thank you Margaret, I always value your input.
Tish

On Thursday, July 28, 2011, Margaret Vicente <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Sam and Tish,
> Just a small correction the word is "assento" = record.
> Margaret
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Sam Koester <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Tish;  Thanks much for filling in the blanks for me.  I’m particularly
glad to know what “seareiro” means as I have that in at least one other
document and couldn’t find what it meant!  Your CD’s make it so very much
easier to do the translating as I was able to alter the shading and enlarge
the lettering!  Wonderful!  I have taught myself to read these documents
with a lot of help from others, most specifically Arline Silveria (sp).
>
>
>
> Also, thanks for the additional information on Maria Jacinta de
Figueiredo.  I really like extending the lines as much as possible.  I don’t
know why, but; I get a charge out of knowing the additional surnames and
being able to “claim” them!  Do you have any birth/marriage/death
dates/locations on the people you’ve listed below?  That would make it
easier for me to find their paperwork too.
>
>
>
> Again, many, many thanks for your help and those CD’s!  Sam
>
>
>
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of Tish M
> Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:48 PM
>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Santa Maria baptism Jose Coelho Soares
Figueiredo
>
>
>
> Very good Sam, I'm impressed! I have written the missing word, or words in
Portuguese and English after the ????.
>
> I hope this helps. By the way, Maria Jacinta de Figueiredo is our
connection.
>
> Maria Jacinta's father was João Soares de Figuierdo
>
> João's mother was Dona Isabel de Figueiredo
>
> Dona Isabel's father was Alferes Joam Soares de Figueiredo
>
> Alferes Joam Soares de Figueiredo was my 5th Great grandfather.
>
> Best wishes, Tish
>
>
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Sam Koester <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tish;  It’s the bottom half of BAP101_0537 and the next one on top.  It
supports the information I already had but; now I have proof!  J Here is
what I got out of it:
>
>
>
> On the 21st day of the month of May of the year 1883 in this Parochial
Church of Santa Barbara, Council of Villa de Porto, Island of Santa Maria,
Diocese of Angra, I solemnly baptized an individual of the masculine sex, of
whom I gave the name of Jose, that was born in this parish at 8 hours of the
morning of the day 11 day of this month and year, legitimate son of Jose
Soares Coelho de Figueiredo, ????? seareiro = small farmer or tiller, native
of the parish of San Pedro of this same council, and of Jacintha Umbelina de
Moura that ???? ???? emprag?? 'no = employed as  domestic service, native of
Santa Barbara, ???
>
> --
> Margaret M Vicente
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected] <azores%[email protected]>.
Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive.
> For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
sfig
Researching
Island: Santa Maria
Freguesia: Santa Barbara

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to