Please reply directly to me, thank you.

I am currently doing some research on illegal emigration from Portugal to the
United States during the time period (roughly) between 1890-1910.  If you had a
relative who emigrated during this time period and you have either their
passport but not their name on a passenger list OR you have found their name on
a passenger list but have not found their passport, can you please email me
directly? I am only trying to compile some rough numbers regarding how many
people may have travailed illegally from Portugal to the United States.

My research has shown, so far, that many individuals were not aware that they
were even traveling illegally or that they were aiding illegal travel!

Thanks in advance,

Sonia

Sónia Pacheco
Librarian Archivist
Ferreira-Mendes Portuguese American Archives
Claire T. Carney Library
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
N. Dartmouth, MA 02747