Eleanor,

Do you have any idea as to the time frame your grandmothers parents came to
the US? The 1910 census will tell the year they indicated to the US. That
will give you a clue as to a time frame to look on the Ellis Island Site.
(On the site you sometimes have to play around and try different names and
spellings) If you can find them and they came from Sao Miguel then the CCA
web site has passport records for that time frame and if you find them there
it will say what town they came from. In order to search records in the
Acores you have to know the village they came from as all records are
recorded by the village.

I cannot tell you much about Fayal records as all of my research has been in
Sao Miguel.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Spring, TX

Formerly of Epping, New Hampshire

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha Ponta Delgada, and Achada Grande,
Sao Miguel, Acores