 From: ""E" Sharp" <bellema...@gmail.com>
To: azores <Azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:58 PM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Rosa & Frank Smith

Kim,

Do you have this?  Is this them?

Applying for a Passport for a trip back to from Azores to US for embarking and
landing.

Frank Smith July 3, 1901, consulate, Sao Miguel.  Travelling with wife Rosa
Smith, children:  Annie Smith b. 9/26/1884, Rosa Smith b. Jan 18, 1889, Mary
Smith b. 8/3/1895, Agnes Smith b. 7/27/1895.  All b. San Rafael CA.

It says Frank was born in Sao Jorge Apr. 28, 1856, came to US on the Schooner
Galena from Sao Jorge June 19, 1874 and he has resided in San Rafael for 26
years, 1874-1900.  He was naturalized Aug. 1, 1881, Superior Court, San Rafael
CA.  He is a dairyman.

They left the US Sep 12, 1900, landed in Sao Jorge Sep 24, 1900 and resided in
Sao Jorge since Sep 24, 1900.  He is temporarily residing in Sao Miguel for 30
days awating this Passport.  Signed July 2, 1901 Consulate in Sao Miguel.

I can send you a copy in the mail.  In the meantime, I will try and find their
ship's manifest on the way back and maybe to the Passportes from Sao Miguel
which will give you her birth name.

"E"