Hi,

I was reading your messages and I do too research in Brazil and just
started a blog with lots of info on how to research the archives
there, you may find it interesting. My family is from Terceira, Azores
and also from Viseu.

I lived in Brazil and speak portuguese, my blog is

http://myportuguesegen.blogspot.com/2011/12/immigration-in-brazil.html

Hope you will find something that can help you there, and if you need
any other help just let me know.

Isabella