Sam,
I noticed a missing "." in the address. I've added it below.
Joan

At 08:54 AM 3/26/2012, you wrote:

Frannie; When I click on the link I get the error message: NOT FOUND Is there perhaps, an error in the link below? Thanks, Sam in Maz

From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of owl...@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:04 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Can anyone help me understand life as it was in 1880 on Sao Miguel?

Thank you as all information helps me understand better. I came across this article, and it did mention how young boys were taken into the military and of the overpopulation and blight of crops, etc.

<http://wwwlibrary.csustan.edu/bsantos/migrat.HTML>http://www.library.csustan.edu/bsantos/migrat.HTML

Tenant farmers - the difficulties must have been enormous. Does anyone know what crops were grown? Did the tenant farmers have any rights? Some protection from being evicted?

Frannie