My Silva 2x's great grandparents are said to have immigrated from Pico
Island in 1860s, settling eventually in Provincetown, MA.  Their original
fregesia is unknown for now. But like you, Carol, the search continues!
Wouldn't it be great if your Guilherme Silva and my Captain Joseph Silva
were related and my Joseph followed your Guilherme to America?!

Maybe these details ring a bell for you or another of our Azores Group
friends/members:

Capt. Joseph Antone Serpa Silva, born 1840 on Faial; His wife Rosa
Rodriguez was born on Pico in 1837.  They married in 1864.  Children: Mary,
Ida, Antone, Frank(Francis), Anna. their eldest daughter, Ida, married
Capt. Manuel Caetano (Caton) and gave her son the name of Guilherme. He was
nicknamed Willy and appears to have spent his life as a fisherman, mostly
out of Provincetown, too.

Old Genealogists Never Die. We Just Lose our Census ;-)
Happy Mother's Day and Memories of Our Mothers & Grandmothers to all  ~
Lynn