  From: Lynn
  To: azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 06:34
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Silva from Pico

  My Silva 2x's great grandparents are said to have immigrated from Pico Island
in 1860s, settling eventually in Provincetown, MA.  Their original fregesia is
unknown for now. But like you, Carol, the search continues! Wouldn't it be
great if your Guilherme Silva and my Captain Joseph Silva were related and my
Joseph followed your Guilherme to America?!

  Maybe these details ring a bell for you or another of our Azores Group
friends/members:

  Capt. Joseph Antone Serpa Silva, born 1840 on Faial; His wife Rosa Rodriguez
was born on Pico in 1837.  They married in 1864.  Children: Mary, Ida, Antone,
Frank(Francis), Anna. their eldest daughter, Ida, married Capt. Manuel Caetano
(Caton) and gave her son the name of Guilherme. He was nicknamed Willy and
appears to have spent his life as a fisherman, mostly out of Provincetown, too.

  Old Genealogists Never Die. We Just Lose our Census ;-)
  Happy Mother's Day and Memories of Our Mothers & Grandmothers to all  ~   Lynn