I was solicited by ancestry.com for a free DNA test that may be similar to the
FTDNA family finder.

They had to send me a new kit because of inconclusive results. Those results
are just in.

No surprise really--61% "Scandinavian" (I assume that's my Scotish and Irish),
32% "Southern European" (my Portuguese) and 7% uncertain.

The "matches" that it proposes seem mostly on the Scandinavian side.

Has anyone else on this list tested there? I don't suppose there is any way to
link with the Azores DNA project (where my GEDCOM is listed). I tested
originally with FTDNA but did not get info on the current Family Finder sale.

I did this one because it was FREE of course.

Not sure if I should also do the FTDNA test.

Mary