Hi Mary,

We have a couple of expressions.  "You get what you pay for." And "You
can't get something for nothing."

Was this the DNA test that Ancestry was giving out for free last November?
And they started to get the results in April?

You're not getting any results on Ancestry because there are like 3
Portuguese people there.  There's over 300 on Family Tree DNA.  92 of them
have done Family Finder.  So you can attempt to match only 3 people on
Ancestry or the 90 of us on Family Tree DNA (FTDNA).

Inconclusive results.  Interesting.  I don't know who Ancestry has over
there, but I know who Family Tree DNA has on their advisory board.  Drs.
Michael Hammer, Bruce Walsh, Doron Behar, Thomas Krahn, and more.  You can
read a little blurb on them here: http://goo.gl/mtycZ  These men teach and
are doing research in genetics.  They are up on the latest and conform to
the current standards.

Family Tree DNA was the first DNA testing company devoted exclusive to
genealogists.  They still are.  They don't have a publishing branch or an
image scanning branch or other ventures that would make them spread thin.
They are exclusively DNA.  That is their sole focus.  Because they were the
first, they are also the largest.  If you are trying to find cousins and
make connections, you need to go with a large database.  Size matters in
this case.

If it's in your budget, I'd do the Family Finder with Family Tree DNA.
This current sale of $179 is as low as I've seen it go.  You'll get results
over there and lots of matches as well.  I still have coupons too.  Just
email me directly at gfscherim at gmail.com and I'll send you over a coupon.

Cheri Mello
Family Tree DNA Admin
Azores DNA Project