Thank you all very much for the input.  Several folks contacted me offline
as well.

I have found several cousins who I didn't even know existed, and some of
them didn't know each other. They are grand children or great grand
children of my grandfather.  There was a common thread in our conversations
that my grandfather's four children.from his first marriage all left home
as soon as they reached adulthood and had little contact with him after
that.  Their mother, my grandfather's first wife died young, when the
oldest child was 22 and the youngest only 10.

He was not a criminal or anything like that, but rather a successful
barber, highly regarded in the community, but not so much at home.

I have decided that when the time comes to write the narrative, I will
include that information.

Thanks again,

Len Silva