I did the Ancestry DNA test when they have me a promotional amount of 9.00.  It
is surprising as I have 4 matches all portuguese and the ones that have large
trees on Ancestry.com they will actually tell you the persons you match at on
your trees.  So I was surprised because they were correct in saying it was my
4th cousin on one match and it is my fourth cousin.  We are now communicating
through Ancestry.  So the one advantage to Ancestry is they have my Tree and
the Trees of the other people and they can find the match for you.  Depending
on how much information you have in your tree.  So I might do both AncestryDNA
for my family and also FTDNA that I have already.

A lot of times names that you are looking for in your family can be so many it
is to hard to put them all down.  Also because of the naming practices of the
Portuguese you never know what your going to come up with.  I need to update my
FTDNA sites with my Gedcom but have not done that yet.  So chances are I might
have more relatives to find..

I know I match a Bob Ross but have not heard back from him yet.  He is on the
Azores List.

Thanks,
Vivian (Silva) Christy
Names: Silva, da Silva, Nunes, Machado, Madruga, de Brum, Brown, Mitchell,
Jose, Joseph, Silveria, Souza, Rose, da Rosa, Netto, Ferriera, Perrry,
Caramujo, Cardosa,
Islands: Pico, Sao Miguel, Sao Jorge, Tereirca, Faial,