Thanks Fred

That bit about crossing the equator and the payment for a burial rings a
bell with me now. My Grandmother used to tell me something similar but she
also told me lots of things that have turned out to be wrong. I thought
there might be something specific to the Azores about boys wearing
earrings.

Diane Donnon