On paper I'm reviewing all the implications of changing Minta to Pimentel
Ramos on top of the intermarriages. It seems like a Portuguese Peyton Place
in 3D. I'm understanding more fully the family stories of relatives living
near and with each other.

As Katharine says, fascinating. And slow going for the beginner.

Eric, thanks for the Rose Jacinta Minta obituary, which I missed (forgot to
try Minto spelling). Yes, I do have husband Joseph and Rose Minta in my
tree (with photo), but the obit filled out Rose's family.

The passenger and whaling ships are a real find, thanks Richard and Eric.
On Ancestry.com hadn't showed up in the comprehensive searches (or results
are buried), but produce good results in specific database searches.

Steve