Hello:This is a translation of the marriage register.  I have written it
translation in a readable fashion.  The couple were fourth cousins.  They had
to receive dispensation from upper management to get married. Enjoy In the
twenty ninth day of the month of October of the year one thousand eight hundred
and twenty five in the morning in this Parochial Church of N. Senhora das Neves
of the place of Norte Grande of the District of the Villa of the Vellas of this
Island of S Jorge, having proceeded with diligence of the current style to
discover any impedimentwere given dispensation to the 4th grade of
consanguinity (fourth cousins) I fulfilled the order of the Reverend Ouvidor of
the District Joze Ignacio Soraes in the presence of the Reverend Cura of this
same Church Manoel Joaquim of the Silveira, and myself Jorge d' Azevedo. e
Machado that signed as witness Joao Teixeira Machado, were solemly married by
the words of Ecclesio Judge, João d' Azevedo Machado, son of Manuel Azevedo
Machado and his wife Maria Isabel de Jesus to Constancia d’Azevedo
daughter of Antonio Machado Alves and his wife Thereza de Sigueira all native
of this stated Parish in the presence of the of Reverendo Cura Joao Teixeira
Vieira on 29 October 1825The Vicar Jorge deAzevedo e Machado