Steve,

I've had a look at that record. The Padrinhos listed are Francisco Pimentel
Baeta and Ana Ursula, his wife. They can be found in many Santa Cruz
records. There were at least four Pimentel Baeta brothers; Antonio,
Francisc, Jose , and Manuel. They were born in Santa Cruz in the late 1700s.

The parents and grandparents of Manuel Pimentel Ramos show up with
different name configuartions in the records, which is not unusual.

As the parents of *Manuel b. 1828* it is: Manuel Pimentel Ramos and Maria
de Jesus, paternel grandparents PGp=Francisco Pimentel Cravinho and
Florencia de Sao Jose. maternal grandparents MGp= Jose Francisco Fialho and
Maria Francisca.
*
*
*for Maria b 1830* it is: Manuel Pimentel Ramos and Maria de Jesus
PGp=Francisco Pimentel Amaro Cravinho and Florencia de Sao Jose. MGp= Jose
Francisco Fialho and Maria Francisca

for *Antonio b 1831* it's : Manuel Pimentel Ramos and Maria de Jesus
PGp= Francisco Pimentel Carneiro and Florencia de Sao Jose
MGp=Jose Francisco Fialho and Maria Francisca.

for *Jose b.1835* Manuel Pimentel Ramos and Maria de Jesus
PGp= Francisco Pimentel  Amaro Cravinho and Ursula de Jesus
MGp=Jose Francisco Fialho and Maria Francisca

for *Joao b. 1837* Manuel Pimentel Ramos and Maria de Jesus
PGp= Francisco Pimentel Carneiro Cravinho and Florencia de Sao Jose
MGp=Jose Francisco Fialho and Maria Francisca

The parents marriage record shows: Manuel Pimentel Ramos [f de Francisco
Pimentel Amaro Cravinho and Florencia de Sao Jose]
married 1827.2.25 in Santa Cruz das Flores to
Maria de Jesus [ f de Jose Francisco Fialho and Maria Francisca]

the Paternal grandparents marriage record states

Francisco Pimentel Carneiro [ f de Antonio Rodrigues Carneiro and Francisca
Pimentel]
married 1793.10.31 in Santa Cruz das Flores to
Florencia de Sao Jose [ f de Joao Antonio Ramos and Ana de Sao Jose]

the maternal grandparents marriage states ( this is his second marriage,
but it gives us her actual mothers family)

Jose Francisco Fialho [f de Francisco Rodrigues Fialho and Antonia Mariana,
and the widower of Maria Francisca, who was the daughter of Caetano Jose
das Rocinas*** and Francisca dos Santos]
married 1830.11.25 in Santa Cruz das Flores to
Maria de Jesus [ f de Manuel Coelho and Inacia de Jesus]

***All other records show this person as Caetano de Freitas.

http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/ig/

Use the link here to the CCA azores records site to find the parish
records. I have many of these in book form and in a database I've built
from 20 years of Flores research.

I don't put much faith in the LDS  Pedigree and Family File records and use
them as a starting place to go get the actual documents.

Eric Edgar