I'm still working on it, but so far everything fits nicely, except one
record that raises an eyebrow. After reading documents and web sites
referenced in this Group, I still have two questions about Azorean culture:

If Manuel Pimentel Ramos/Minta (1800-1899) marries Maria de Jesus (?-?) in
1827 and their first born son,
Manuel Pimentel Ramos, is born in 1828,
would it be atypical for the last born child,
Anna Pimentel Ramos, born in 1856,
to be separated by as much as 28 years?
My Azorean relatives of California never blinked at 20 years, but 28?

Another more specific question (with same parentage as above): I have a
Maria Pimentel Ramos (AKA Mary Minta) born in 1853.
Eric Edgar found another,
Maria Pimentel Ramos born in 1830 (making her 2nd born after Manuel).
I understand it possible for a first born daughter Maria to die, followed
by a subsequent daughter named Maria.
Is that likely (frequent) or is a birth-date error on my part more likely?

Steve Minta