I recommend NOT changing a typo or misspelling in the subject line.  It
breaks the thread and then no one can find what they want in the archive.
And I can spend an hour looking for an answer for someone that I know we
discussed only a couple of weeks ago and I can't find it because people
change the subject line.

I simply answer the post with the correct spelling.  Then it comes up in
the archive search with the misspelling or the correct spelling.

Now, when there's a NEW TOPIC to discuss, that's when an new email (or
compose mail) should be opened; it should be addressed to
azores@googlegroups.com; an new topic/subject should be stated, then the
body should contain the inquiry.

Achada