Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Altares, Terceira records prior to 1644
From: Kawika322 <oldschoo...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, April 17, 2013 11:16 pm
To: azores@googlegroups.com

I am trying to trace my Altares line back and have come to a stop for the moment as the records are not present prior to 1644 (Baptisms) and 1648 (Marriages). My ancestor is Belchior Goncalves de Carvalho who was married to Maria Goncalves. Their son Manuel Goncalves Carvalho was married prior to 1646 to Maria de Melo presumably in Altares (as this is where all of their children were born) and once before that to Catharina Pereira in Se, Terceira on 1 Feb 1633. Through the earlier marriage record I was able to get the names of his parents of Belchior Goncalves Carvalho and Maria Goncalves.

Any suggestions where I might go from there to get the generation before Belchior? Do records exist prior to 1644 in Altares, or were they destroyed or part of another parish before that?

Thanks,

             David

For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.