If the two ladies are not a direct maternal line decedent then I would say
the Family finder would be the best hope of showing a connection. The number
of greats may place a match at the limits of testing unless an older
descendant could be tested. Based on the information you gave they could be
5th cousins which is possible to show in the family finder.

Rick

Family Tree DNA Co-Administrator
Azores DNA Project

Azores DNA Project Co-Administrators