So to understand what you are saying Jose Machado Joaquin was your 3rd cousin 3 times removed which means that my friend's (Mary's) Maternal grandfather was a 3rd cousin to one of your Great Grandfathers.  Right? So her 4th Great Grandfather and your 5th Great Grandparent are the same person? What is the name of this person? MAry does not have email but I'm copying all the correspondence and giving it to her so her and her sister can talk and see if they remember the names.  I have shared your email with her and will get back to you once I talk to her again.  Have a great day. Doreen
-Original Message-----
From: seekg...@aol.com
Sent: Jul 20, 2013 11:07 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Lajes, Pico Baptism Records 1906

Doreen,

Jose Machado Joaquin is my third cousin 3 times removed!  I am cousins with your friend!

Marie Pleasant

Thank you Eric and Gayle.  This was very helpful. Now my friend has very nice tree that almost goes up to the 10 generations. I think she will be very happy.  She has been wanting me to help her for years so she could give it to her children.  This a beautiful start for their family history.  I would not have been able to give them so much with your guidance.  Thanks D