I've just found this entry in Australia of a family I've been researching,
believing Francis is my ancestor's sibling.  Could someone please help me find
"Peekpike"?  It's come up before as Peak Pike  in other records (as being in
Western Isles) yet even more records suggest Francis came from Faial, where I
can find no village or parish with such a name.

I'd know that Manwell will be Manuel, but what of the middle name of the
father, in proper Portuguese, please?

The Sydney Morning Herald
Tuesday 2 October 1866

On the 26th of September, by special licence, by the Rev. Dr.
Fullerton, FRANCIS DIAS, third son of Manwell Graties Dias, of
Peekpike, Portugal, to BRIDGET, the third daughter of Mr.
DANIEL REDEN, of Sussex-street, Sydney.
(The original entry is bent, so Peekpike and Daniel Reden are both best guesses
by someone who’s edited it previously)

Thank you in anticipation of some help… this is the closest to a thirty year
brick wall tumbling down that I've got.

Julie M. Skellern
New Zealand
jo...@maxnet.co.nz