I think that I have found our connection.  I found the following in Bob de
Mello's book on page 365:

SILVA, Joao da  (I have in parenthesis BARBOSA),  age 35
(Antonio da Silva X Maria Joaquina)
>From Ribeira Quente
WIFE
Mariana de Jesus, age 44
(Francisco de Melo X Francisca de Jesus)  ****************
Enteada (step-daughter) Francisca de Jesus,  age 17
(Lourenco Antonio Bento (Bonito?) X Mariana de Jesus)
CHILDREN  Manual 9, Jose 7, Mariana 4
(All Born Rib. Quente)
Enteada:  Maria Rosa,  21
Child:  Carol Maria de Jesus, 5
SHIP:  Bell Rock
***********  Francisco de Mello is the son of 104 Antonio de Mello X 105
Constancia de Jesus).
I have these people in my PAF file.

We need to talk.   I will be home until 9:30 am California time.

Shirley in CA