From: Lee Lewis [mailto:lrleele...@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:30 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: [AZORES-Genealogy) Family History
Centers & Familysearch.org

Joao Ventura is correct about searches on familysearch.org, an LDS Church
website. You may sign in whether member or non-member.

This site, previously new.farmilysearch.org has been created using the Nfs
databases, but is family tree oriented instead of being family group sheet
oriented. There have been a number of other changes as well, and additions
are being added to familysearch.org at the rate of millions a week.

While the 'Mormons' as they are commonly called, are know for their family
history (since the 1840s) records and recordkeeping, and while the site
contains hundreds of millions of names, the best thing for family historians
is that it is free and open to the public.

  _____