Hello,

I am the great-grandson of Manuel Perreira Serpa, who died in New Bedford
on Jan 29, 1932 and was born in Prainha (do Norte) in Pico on Jul 20, 1872.
 I believe he is closely related to Jacinta Perreira Serpa.  Jacinta moved
to New Bedford or Fairhaven in 1899 (I have a copy of her passport as we
inherited the original).

I have been unable to locate any records about Jacinta since her marriage
to a Bettencourt in 1906 in Fairhaven.  Does anyone know where she lived
after 1906 or what became of her?  Did she have any children?

I am also unsure of Manuel Perreira Serpa's parents and ancestry.  Has
anyone researched the Serpas on Pico in enough detail to help me ascertain
Manuel's ancestry?  I believe that Manuel may have been born out of wedlock
to Jacinta's parents, but I am not sure of that.

Kevin Gartner
Corvallis and Portland, Oregon